Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Vix

Hi I'm Vick I'm 21 and I'm really interested in doing Parkour I was discussing it with my friends (Of wich none of them do Parkour) Most of them pointed out the fact that not a lot of girls do Parkour and another thing they pointed out was that there is now one in my suburb that even do it let alone teach it :(. So I'm starting to teach myself the basics. however I don't exactly have many places to train. what I'm asking here is . Is there any one who can teach me parcour around pakenham victoria?. Does being a girl make a diffrence. Would my Sketcher Go Walks be any good for it.If there are any extra tips you have for me I would love to hear them.thank youVick

Sample

Hi Vicki. Good on you for getting out there and doing it solo. Try and maybe get to some classes in the City or in Coburg, even if it's only once every now and then it will give you tools to make it easier to teach yourself.Being a girl does not make a difference. Everyone moves their own way, everyone can apply Parkour in their life and benefit. Those Sketchers are probably not great mainly because they are slip-ons and may tend to fall off. But they have a one piece sole, and the sole doesn't look THAT thick. As long as they aren't that kind of Sketcher shoe which have weirdly shaped soles to get you 'toned up' which are shoes from Satan, the Go Walks could be ok. There is a whole thread with tonnes of info on shoes on these forums. An easy solution is to go and get a pair of Dunlop Volley's. Cheap, easy to find, and they will serve you well.Let us know if you have any other questions, and be aware that probably every question you have has been asked before on here so have a dig around.

Vix

HiThank you so much for all the advice. I've been trying to suck up most of the info on this site like a sponge and it's monumentally awesome 🙂I was actually quiet lucky in being able to get a pair that lace up. the strange thing is not even the store clerks hadn't even seen them before yet they were on the shelf. They kind of feel like wearing... a padded sock which really doesn't sound ideal.I haven't really fallen or slipped yet in them but I'll defiantly look for something better to reduce my risks. I'll also see about those classes to.Thank you so much VickP.S would not be caught dead wearing a pair of Franken Boots that can break my ankles...and possibly my neck

TaeTao

Hi Vick, I know I'm resurrecting this thread (from 2012 o.O) but I was wondering how you went looking for people to roll with?I'm 24 and living in Pakenham atm (moved up here for work) and I'm practicing a little bit at the primary school up the street from me. All my mates live in Bayside so I dont have anyone to roll with myself.Are you still practicing, and did you find anyone to do it with?Taylor

Hainesy

Hey Taylor!These forums are a bit quitter now, most people have moved to facebook. If you jump on Melbourne's FB group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/73451015032/) you should be able to find some people to train with!- Hainesy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.