Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

TJ
    Spectator

Stephane posted this to his Facebook, but I figured I'd post it here to keep it accessible and easier to find.Stephane Vigroux added 3 new photos.Passing through my birthday recently, I realised i have been practising parkour for the 16th year this year and a lot of memories from the old days and original trainings came to my mind.Over the years Parkour transformed me into a better version of myself. I am grateful and always looking at ways to give back to this amazing discipline and help it stays alive and reach more people so they can experience it and get benefits from it.I want to take this time to thank deeply the founders of this discipline: David Belle, Sebastien Foucan, Chau Belle, Williams Belle, Laurent Piemontesi, Yann Waipilou Hnautra, Malik Diouf, Guylain Yamakasi (Guylain N'Guba-Boyeke) and Charles Perriere. (ADD/Parkour/Freerunning founders).Of course every group has its story and even if the group is not the same as in the beginning, an entire massive community of Traceurs, ADD practioners or Freerunners would probably not exist today without their passion, hard work, sweat, blood and tears.When I started, only few were training that "thing" and now looking at the parkour scene on the planet today it is simply amazing to see hundreds of thousands people looking for self growth through Parkour and movement. So grateful to be part of it. Where will Parkour be in 50 years from now??!I want to particularly thank you my first teacher David Belle who has been a great inspiration to me for many years in the beginning (starting in 1998). I have been amazed and really impressed countless time during our trainings by this man. I feel lucky to have trained and receive priceless teachings from such an incredible athlete with a rare strength of will and abilities.Thank you David, I would probably not be here with that kind of mentality towards training and such Parkour abilities without you my friend. I wish you a happy and peaceful life "warrior".I also want to thank you my dear friend, teacher and brother Williams Belle for healing my soul and helping me making peace with an angry younger Me many years ago. Williams taught me that you can be very strong and yet be kind and compassionate at the same time. A beautiful balance of contradictory energies. This came as a revelation and changed my life and practice.Thank you Sebastien Foucan for your friendship, pedagogy in teaching back to 10 years ago, and elite athlete discipline and mindset you shared.Thank you Laurent, Yann and Chau for always acting as protector and big brothers to me many years ago when we got to know each other. Your unconditional support showed great strength, honor and Big hearts from you guys. Respect. You have been the pillars and strength of ADD for all those years.Parkour is quite a young discipline and its method of training, mentality and philosophy remains quite unknown for most of practitioners or non practitioners. But it is growing and spreading fast. Sometimes too fast and the essence is forgotten, diluted. Before those names and legends got forgotten too, I wanted to THANK YOU very much from the heart for what you did guys.Stay strong and keep inspiring us.Much love.Live Free and Move.Steph.

Pava
    Spectator

Thanks TJ, this forum is gold. Sad to see how little it gets used.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.