Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Plonkdog
    Spectator

Info is accurate as of 15/01/2014Thursday Night ClassesWhen: Meet at 6:15, class runs from 6:30-8:30pm.Where: Meet at the Elder Park Rotunda. We will return to the rotunda by 8:30How Much: classes will be $10. $5 will go to the APA to pay for insurance and the growth of the instructor community, and $5 will go to SAPA for the development of the South Australian Parkour community and Parkour in South Australia.With What: Wear clothing that allows you to move freely (not skinny jeans) and comfortable shoes. Also, bring a water bottle.What: an APA class focused on the development of basic training skills for ParkourIMPORTANT: In order to attend any other APA class, it is essential to have first attended a first timers class. Therefore, you will need to have completed one on either on a Sunday or in Point A.Who: Ross (instructing) and up to ten students.The purpose of this class is to create a comfortable training environment for small groups. Training with only a few others is a valuable experience and drastically different from the experience of training in groups of 30+ students and multiple instructors. Some of the most meaningful, challenging, and powerful training sessions I have experienced have had less than half a dozen people. This is why I have capped the number of students to ten.

TJ
    Spectator

Post above updated to reflect the new changes as Ross is in Japan 🙁Aleksey is taking over 🙂The classes are now Thursdays.

Plonkdog
    Spectator

chur bru

jono:)
    Spectator

what skill level is needed for this, i used to do parkour but i stopped about a year ago i've lost a bit skill but a retained most of the basics, vaults, rolls, jumps will this be enough to join in ? will this class be running tonight ?

Plonkdog
    Spectator

You need to have attended an APA First Timers class, but there are no other prerequisites/expectations.

TJ
    Spectator

Back on for 2013

tlgCallum

Sorry, just to clarify, are there are now Thursday evening and Sunday afternoon classes, or have the Thursday classes replaced Sunday?

Toi

Sorry, just to clarify, are there are now Thursday evening and Sunday afternoon classes, or have the Thursday classes replaced Sunday?

Hey Callum,APA classes are still being run on Sunday from 2:45pm for around 2-3 hours meeting at The White Rotunda in Elder Park. But classes are also being run by Aleksey (an APA Instructor) on Thursday evenings from around 5:30 for about2 hours, meeting at the white rotunda as well. Hope this helps c:

TJ
    Spectator

Ross is away in Japan as of today, so the Thursday classes are on hold for a few weeks at least. (18th March)Sorry to anyone hoping to come along! 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.