The instructors of the Australian Parkour Association are all tested for their knowledge and ability of Parkour. Gaining the title of instructor shows that the traceur has applied themselves to train to a high standard, developed the ability to train and teach others and given freely of their time to assist in the training of other people. On top of their abilities to practice and teach Parkour all instructors are required to have a Level 2 in First Aid and a relevant Working with Children Check or police check.
An Instructor in the Australian Parkour Association has shown they apply both the physical and philosophical aspects of Parkour and as such any instructor is of a high standard. An instructor is present at and runs all training sessions that are run by the Australian Parkour Association. They are also sub-contracted by other organisations to train groups and individuals in the skills of Parkour.
Should you wish to become a parkour instructor, our qualification requirements are available here.
CODE OF BEHAVIOUR
All Australian Parkour Association instructors must adhere to a strict code of behaviour to:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others.
- Be fair, considerate and honest in all dealings with others.
- Be professional in, and accept responsibility for, your actions.
- Make a commitment to providing quality service.
- Be aware of, and maintain an uncompromising adhesion to Australian Parkour Association standards, rules, regulations and policies.
- Operate within the principles of the Australian Parkour Association.
- Not use involvement with the Australian Parkour Association to promote your own beliefs, behaviours or practices where these are inconsistent with those of the Australian Parkour Association, a member of the association, or an affiliated club.
- Demonstrate a high degree of personal responsibility especially when dealing with persons under 18 years of age, as words and actions are an example.
- Avoid unaccompanied and unobserved activities with persons under 18 years of age, wherever possible.
- Refrain from any form of harassment of others.
- Refrain from any behaviour which may bring the Australian Parkour Association into disrepute.
- Provide a safe environment for the conduct of the activity.
- Show concern and caution towards others who may be sick or injured.